M81 / M82 – My First Real Go

I’ve managed to get some data of M81 and M82 recently, no idea how with all the cloud the UK has been having, but I did it!  This was my first attempt at processing in Pixinsight, using Harry’s tutorials which were invaluable to get started and to get to grips with Pixinsight.  Thanks Harry!  I will probably go back to the processing of this and keep doing it and trying different methods.

Anyway, here is the shot processed with Pixinsight.

Image Details:

  • SW 100ED DS-Pro with Canon 40D Guided on HEQ5
  • 7 Hours of data @ 60 x 7 mins subs
  • Dark and Flat Calibrated

Leave a reply

*