I had a go at some Lunar using my IMG 132E camera. I spent around 4 hours in the cold getting to grips with the software and settings and practising focusing but I think it paid off. Before now, I hadn’t really spent the time to learn the camera or the software, too focused on DSO imaging.
So here is a 4 panel mosaic from the 19th April 2013.
For each panel, the best 40% frames out of 1,000 frame AVI were used running at approx 18 fps. The resolution of the AVI was 1280 x 1024, which is large! I did experiment with 640×480 which ran at approx 60 fps but I need to revisit that. I understand there are merits for high frame rate, but I think that may be more important for Plantary imaging rather than Lunar. I’ll give it another go next time the moon is out over the Summer.
Processing was done in Autostakkert! and Registax 6, with a little post processing in Adobe Photoshop for final touches and saving to JPG.