I invested in some spacers and I think I have managed to get rid of most of my elongated stars issue with the QHY8L. I was also graced with some clear skies for a few hours so I put the Atik 314L+ to work on the 80 ED and the QHY8L on the 100 ED to try my first ever HaRGB, which is a combination of Ha data with RGB. So the Atik 314L+ was shooting mono through my 7NM Ha filter and the QHY8L to handle the RGB in one go (its a one shot colour a.k.a. OSC).
I’ve got to say I am quite pleased with the result considering how much data I used in the final process.
Subs: 5 x 600s from QHY8L on 100ED & 5 x 600s from Atik 314L+ on 80ED
Processing: Calibrated and stacked in PixInsight, post processing in PixInsight and CS5.
Kit: SW 100 ED DS Pro and 80 ED DS Pro on HEQ5 Guided with QHY5 Finder Guider. Imaged with QHY8L OSC cooled to -15 and Atik 314L+ mono with Ha 7NM filter cooled to -10